Entry Requirements and Selection Process
Interview dates for School Direct 2018/2019 applications will he held monthly so we can process your application quickly and help you secure your place.
With primary we only offer non salaried training route unless the school is willing to offer you a salaried route (this can be an option for existing staff in those schools).
- Non salaried training is for high-quality graduates who want to be trained as part of a school team from day one.
ENTRY onto all routes will require:
- A minimum of 10 days of school based experience either undertaken, or booked to take place.
- At the time of interview the Professional Skills Tests for Trainee Teachers must be passed, or booked to be taken after interview and before the start of the programme in September 2019. Skills Tests must be completed before training can commence. More information about the Skills Tests is available here.
Entry Requirements - Primary
- Ideally we are looking for applicants with a least a 2:2 degree
- Your degree can be in any field for primary places.
- You will need grade 'C' or above in GCSE Maths, English and Science
Those that do not meet the required baseline criteria will be rejected at the application stage.
Candidates who meet the criteria will be invited by email to attend a half-day selection process giving candidates the opportunity to show their potential for this course.
The day will consist of:-
- a session teaching a small group or class (no more than 30 minutes)
- short written assessment
- a 20 minute interview.
The selection process will take place at one of the Wallasey Primary Alliance schools. We will inform you of the outcome on the day.
What we look for in a candidate
- Candidates must be dedicated to teaching and supporting children
- We are looking for staff who are passionate and enthusiastic about teaching
- Eager, keen to learn
- People who want to grow. They can reflect and plan
- Excellent organisational skills. You are reliable and well prepared.
- An ability to reflect on own practice, accept guidance and constructive criticism
- Candidates who show initiative. At times you will ahve to guide and drive your own learning and learn to manage workload.